Monday, April 26, 2010

"It's Still Hammer Time!"

Taste
1210 1 Street SW
www.taste-restaurant.com

Taste is a little hole in the wall on 1 street SW across the street from Giuseppe's. A very fancy hole that is. There is a little sign displayed on the sidewalk with random messages written on it. "No purse dogs allowed", "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" or "It's still hammer time!!". Today's message? The daily sandwich; Chicken with pancetta. Sandwiched between a toasted garlicy baguette, was grilled chicken breast with pancetta, bell peppers and cheese (I don't know what kind). I'm pretty certain they put garlic butter on the bread or something but it wasn't super strong and since I didn't have garlicy breath the rest of the day, it was kind of hard to tell. Sandwich came with the daily soup or salad. I chose the soup. It was a tomato soup with veggies. Lots of veggies. It was so thick and very flavourful. Definitely had my 8 servings of veggies. Or was it 11? Whatever, I'm not going to let some chart tell me what I should eat.




Taste Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment